Dear Students wish you all a very happy and colorful holi.May God shower His bright colors in your life .
It is festival of colors, joy and happiness. It is celebrated in India. The festival falls on the last full moon day of Falgun according to Hindu calendar. It is celebrated sometime in the month of March.(This Monday 17th march is Holi) .
According to mythology, the festival is celebrates the killing Holika, the sister of Hrinyakashyapu. The festival also holds significance with respect to end of winter season and the onset of summer season.
How is Holi Celebrated:
Holi is celebrated in india with joy and happiness .we spend the day smearing colored powder,Abir & Gulal all over each other's faces, throwing colored water at each other, having parties, and dancing under water sprinklers.
On the eve of Holi ,large Bonfires are lit to mark occasion and to burn evil spirit.this is called Holika Dahan.There are various mythologial stories about holi and holika dahan.
What to Expect During Holi:
As you know it is festival of color so be ready to get colored . Don’t mind if some one throw color on you .If you do not like some one apply color on you or throw water on you please stay in your guest house.it is very carefree festival that’s great fun to participate in if you don’t mind getting colored and wet .
Holi safety Information.
To celebrate holy with joy and pleasure please make sure few safety tips
· Play holy with your friends and known person only. Avoid strangers as many people get colored on their faces so it is not easy to find out who is applying color on you and what is his/her intention .· Use natural colors, avoid chemical based strong color or those color have shining .buy color from reputed stores and branded color.Use herbal colors
· Wear appropriate dress ,avoid transparent or too tight dress.May be you can use your old dress .
· Apply good lotion /cream .coconut oil on your body so it will be easy to remove color after holi.
· Apply some good moisturizer/cream on our face and take special care if you are wearing contact lenses.
· Cover your hair /head to protect your hair or apply oil on your hair.
· Avoid alcohol and such parties .
· If you plan on going out do so early morning.
· Avoid strangers or drunken people.
· Single women should avoid going out alone in public places.
- HAVE A HAPPY HOLI FESTIVAL